Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) works together for just world with people and organizations across the world in more than 20 countries to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide emergency assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities. NCA is also member of the ACT Alliance, one of the world's largest humanitarian alliances. The Alliance consists of organizations in over 140 countries across religious faiths.
In Ethiopia, NCA established its country office in 1974. Program areas for 2016-2020 include: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Reproductive Health (RH), Climate Resilience (CR) and Humanitarian Aid.
Area of Specialization/Focus: Reproductive Health
Reporting to: Senior RH Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the field
Length of Contract: One year (with possibility of extension)
NCA Ethiopia would like to invite interested applicants for the following vacant posts:
Reporting to the Senior RH Program Coordinator, the Program Officer provides broad support to the development, implementation, monitoring and follow up of NCA’s RH Program with wide range of Norwegian government and UN agencies supported projects. The task requires an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team. The program Officer will be required to work closely with NCA and implementing partners' program and finance team. The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships, ensures timely and cost-effective implementation of program activities, support the program / project development, monitoring of implementation of plans, budget preparation, reporting, documentation, partner relations, and knowledge management.
- Conduct frequent field visits and monitor project implementation progress, and identify and address implementation challenges in collaboration with RH program team and NCA country team.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of project results, including preparation and submission of progress reports, presentations, and other program documentation.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and program reviews activities.
- Support the development of RH program budgets, budget modifications and monitor program expenditures to ensure activities are implemented within budgetary guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of implementing partners project initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements and NCA financial and other policies and procedures and contribute to the preparation and implementation of grant requirements.
- Provide feedback and implement project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs, and activities are delivered on time and as per the planned budget.
- Attend key internal meetings and initiatives as required.
- Establish positive relationship with partners and other stakeholders through effective communication.
- Contribute to capacity building plans for NCA / partners and its implementation with other team members.
- Represent NCA and the program externally in meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Support in project appraisal and reviewing project implementation in line with NCA and other donor requirements.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate and within the post holders'